If you noticed that I was in deep thought today, I was simply thinking about you. I was reflecting on you as a mother.
As some women are pampering themselves, getting their nails and hair done; you're often bathing your children.
As some women are enjoying a lunch out with a girlfriend; you're often feeding your children.
As some women are shopping for a new outfit for themselves; you're often clothing your children.
As some women are traveling the world; you're often at the park, or taking a hike with your children.
As some women may notice, you don't have all of the finest things in life; you're rich with the love of your children.
You're a GREAT mother of four. You work long hours away from home a couple of times a week. You go to school and get good grades. Goodness gracious, you even do cloth diapers!
Happy mothers day and I love you.
A note to my mom:
Mom, I've watch a lot of people hypocritically criticise you over the years. But... none of them have walked in your shoes, and there are many things they've never had the privilege of observing.
Like:
When you would get up at 4AM, to do exercises and laundry before you drove an hour to downtown LA.
When you would get home after a long day and make dinner.
When you would read us a book before we went to bed.
When you had an abundance and never held anything back.
When things were lean and you sold what you could so we would never notice.
When we've made poor decisions but you've continued to be my there.
Happy mothers day mom, I love you.
This was very sweet.
ReplyDelete